Monday, May 31, 2010

Can you say....BLONDE!

I'm guessing I don't even need to elaborate on the title of this post....most of you know me well enough to know that I have enough blonde moments to cover an army of blondes!:)....I feel like since I have been here, my sense of "blondeness" has been heightened! I know Steve must think every time we are working..."what have we done hiring her?"! Even I sit back and say to myself, "What was i thinking?"! Stupid things such as, not opening the doors the right way, and thinking I am stuck...or just asking the dumbest questions!
Now onto my past week living here!One of the girls here, and myself, started painting some of the walls in the youth room. And yes, I did do I fine job!...I know some of you just said to yourself..."uh oh...what were they thinking!"

For the most part this week, Steve and I finished completing the summer calendar.Like I anticipated, I didn't get to do much with the kids until this weekend. Saturday, I went hiking with some of the girls that are going on trek (we did this break in our boots)..and yes, I do have a blister already! After that I went back to the home of some of the kids here. Enjoyed spending time with this family, and getting know them a little more. They are alot like my family!, three girls, and a lot more active in their home!.. It helps me to feel a little more at home in the loudness of their home:) Sunday night, I hosted a movie night with some of the girls here. We had a blast just having some girl time...I really enjoyed that time with them! We watched the movie Up...if you haven't seen it...it is too precious!
Well, Model City Missions kicks off this Sunday, which means, as of this post I am 6 days from getting to go back home for a few days!
Oh, before I go, I forgot to tell you all how proud I am of my sweet brother Heath! He made an A on all of his semester exams! Yay Heath!!!
love you all, and hope to see you in my short visit next week!
here are a few pictures from this week!

No comments: