Saturday, June 5, 2010

Get Ready...Get Set....GO!!!!

So, as of tomorrow at 5:30 AM our summer is in FULL swing!!And what better way to kick off the summer, than a trip back home to Alabama!!! I am so excited to spend the week with the teens serving the Lord in Anniston! And what better people to do it with, than my own family!
Well. this week I have been finishing several projects, getting ready for the summer to begin. For the majority of the week I spent my time in the youth room finishing up the painting! I am so excited about how well it turned out....honestly, I didn't know how well it would turn out..but I am SOOO PROUD! Several of the kids came up during the week to help me, which was awesome because I was able to get to know some of them better, and start forming relationships with them! Here are a few pics of how the walls I painted turned out!


Last night the whole church took a trip to the Minute Maid field, to watch the Astros play! This was oh so fun! We all enjoyed many laughs together, I got to know some more of the parents. And then we all watched the Friday night fireworks!...AMAZING!

Today I slept in, I have been trying to rest all I can because I know once tomorrow comes, rest is going to be out the window! but then I got up and got SO MUCH done! Margie and Calvin were out for the day, which means I could clean without getting in trouble! I washed all my laundry, and my sheets, cleaned my bathroom, my bedroom and the upstairs living room...Mom you would have been proud of how fast I got it all done! I was in a rush so I wouldn't get busted:)....Now that I feel better about having a clean living space, on to the packing. Can I just say how weird it feels to pack for going home. As of this writing, I am done with everything, and I am now relaxing, watching Hallmark movies, and settling in for the afternoon! So excited about this coming week. I can't wait to see what the Lord reveals to all of us!..My family has 7 girls staying in our home...how fun is that going to be?!..you might want to start praying for Daddy now:)
This week in my quiet time, the Lord led me to this scripture, and I thought I would share it with you all.I was studying in Mark 5. I have read the story of this woman all of my life, but for some reason today this story just played a whole new role in my life. So close your eyes and imagine this with me:
There is a HUGE crowd gathering....obviously to see the "Messiah". So many people crowding around, pushing through to get the best view. There is a woman, she has been plagued with bleeding for 12 years!. she has visited so many physicians, who have taken her for all she is worth. But here it is, her moment. She thinks.." Oh if i could just get close enough...close enough to touch just the hem of his garment, I know i will be healed." people all around her pushing her away, when she slips up on him and grabs his cloak. Jesus stopped!.."who touched my garment?"...the disciples were in disbelief..."Jesus, how do ask who touched your garments....do you see this crowd...anyone could have touched you"...oh no, Jesus knew. Full of fear and anxiety...she falls at his feet..."Lord it was me...I knew if I could just touch the hem, I would be healed."....
In just one moment, in just one single touch, undeserving grace and healing mercy, were hers. What a beautiful example of our sovereign Lord. I think of times that I let fear hold me back....but if i could just have the faith..to just get close enough to touch the hem of his garment......
I love you all and will hopefully see some of you tomorrow!

No comments: