Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camp Bandina 2011!

I can't believe this summer has come to a close so quickly!!! It seems like just yesterday Ellen and I came blazing in to get ready for WCS graduation! We just returned home this past weekend from Camp Bandina in Bandera, TX. Oh my goodness, this week was absolutely AMAZING! Let it be said that on the way to Bandera, we blew two tires!!..I know you are wondering, 'what in the world is the deal with their tires?' Luckily, this was not tires on the bus, it was on our trailer....making it alot easier to change! What should have been our 4 1/2 hr. trip quickly became a NINE HOUR trip!!! But all matters is we got there safely!
I have attended this camp for the past three years...but this year most definitely tops them all! Our theme this year was Intentional Decisions. All week we were encouraged our kids to look at their lives and evaluate the decisions they make and how they affect their eternity. We shared so many laughs all week long! But most importantly we shared so many victories with 16 NEW BROTHERS and SISTERS IN CHRIST!! How awesome is that?!!!
We returned  home Saturday afternoon...VERY EXHAUSTED! Sunday night after church we had a family night...this acted as my going away party!..It is still so crazy to me that this summer is almost over! What an amazing summer it has been! It has been pretty difficult coming to terms with the reality that this season of my life, with these amazing kids, is coming to a close. They have changed me in ways that I never thought possible. I will forever be grateful to Westbury Church of Christ for allowing me this opportunity to play such a big role in the lives of their teens. They have been so hospitable to me, and have met every need I have had! I am so thankful that God saw fit to place me here, and bless me with such amazing friendships.
Please continue to pray for me as I journey into my Senior year of college....my life is about to hit a big wave of changes all at the same time! I know there are many exciting things on my horizon!
"For i know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, Plans to prosper you, not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
I will leave you with several pictures from Camp and the past week. I will try and post some video footage I have from camp...just for a few laughs!
Love you all!
Hollyann
Cabin Clean Up!!

One of my most influential mentors...Bob Owens.

Cabin Jill....BEST CABIN EVER!!!

Some of my girls ready for my Girl's class.

Cabin Jill cheering on Cabin Jack in the football game!

Jack and Jill Family....BEST FAMILY EVER!!

Staff whooped Camper booty in volleyball!

This kid was ME for Hollywood night!! ...I was Taylor Swift!

No comments: